Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Children

Wuff dah!! ITs exactly one week and a half since my parents left for a vacation in our home country..the PHilippines!hehe..And i'm here now at our messy house..full of dirty tissues around, papers of some sort and a can of beer infront of me..Hey! I was not the bad messy girl around here..I have a little bro with me (which of course i am more than obliged to take care of!)..and its tiring! Tiring coz i always have to remind him of the things he need to do or to return the things that used back from where it came from..PLUS the tissues! WTF! Our house is not that big but i can say that everycorner of it has a trashcan and I cant get it why cant he just shoot it in there!! Is he just lazy or just so inconsiderate to others..He is 13! And i remember when i was 13...yah..ive had my badtimes..but not that SO-BIG BAD! hahaha...grr! the tissue?! even a toddler knows where to throw a dirty tissue! haaayy..i just cant imagine my parents agonizing years of growing and guiding us 3..YES..siblings are different and imagine the parents' sacrifices for all the desires, wants and needs of each child...that was hard work (i can speak for my parents!).. But sad to say..no matter how parents try to guide us to the path they wanted us to go, its still our WAY that usually works for us..(or we make it work)..We have our minds of our own, and trust me..hurting our parents is the least in our minds but sometimes we just have to live our lives (no matter how our parents disagree with it)..but i know, our parents are always praying for us to be happy in the path that we've chosen..and thats why I just let my bro be..hahaha..is that just an excuse?! Well..iam also hoping that he'll learn his lesson someday of being considerate to other peeps around and not just his own body!


a little something for my parents..More often than not, i was never able to express my gratitude and love to them. I was never a perfect daughter that they would want to be...but I will always be their child and they will always be my "makers"..its their flesh and blood that runs in my veins..many things can change but that will never ever..and I thank GOD for giving me such wonderful, loving and noisy but reponsible parents! And I love them! Iam where iam right now thru their hardwork and guidance..with GOD's hands..

On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let our bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

No comments: